Dentistry is founded on the principle of prevention. All patients are recommended biannual cleanings and examinations. Not only do they help you quash dental problems before they arise, they leave your gums healthier, and your teeth cleaner and whiter. A professional cleaning removes hard plaque that cannot be removed by brushing and flossing alone. It also involves a fluoride treatment and polish to help protect and soothe your teeth and gums. Even if you haven’t had a cleaning in over two years, it’s never too late to treat your teeth.
What are some preventative measures I can take?
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush after each meal
- Floss daily before bedtime
- Use an oral rinse after flossing
- Avoid sugary foods, coffee, and tobacco